Monday 12 August 2013

My Passion In Life: Colour!

Good Day Everyone,

All my life, for as long as I can remember, I have had one passion. A passion which, just the thought of, automatically makes a smile form on my face and that passion is colour‘colour in life’ to be precise! Colour just makes me so unbelievably happy. Now I’m not quite sure where this passion comes from. My mum has always liked flowers because they are colourful so growing up we always had them in the house. My mum also grows her own flowers, especially roses and she has sooo many plants around her house that you’d be forgiven for thinking you were in a greenhouse or allotment. So perhaps it stems from my childhood for both my mum and I have the same favourite colour - green – the colour of plants and life. I like ALL bright, happy colours as I find they lift my mood and spirit. 

The most amazing thing about this passion is that it is ubiquitous, colour is all around us. It’s in nature (from the ground to the sea and sky above), food, clothes, accessories, makeup, animals, homes, cars, work, yep that’s right work and even in us (human beings). Colour is EVERYWHERE! We live in such a colourful world and it makes me sooo happy! 

Can you just imagine what life would be like, what the world would be like if everything was just black and white plus the shades in between, like the old black and white movies? I’ve often thought that if I had my time again, I would not have the career that I did, rather I would find a career that would allow me to channel this passion, be it as a photographer, florist, interior designer, makeup artists, cake maker, jewellery designer.... the list is endless!
In fact earlier this year whilst I was trying to figure out what to do with my life now that work as I know it is no longer an option (due to my arthritis) I thought about sewing, baking and floristry. Now floristry isn’t really an option whilst we live in Singapore as the weather is sooo hot and humid that flowers don’t last very long and are incredibly expensive. I do have a sewing machine and love to make things but unfortunately it is packed away at our storage unit back in England and it weighs way too much for us to bring it over, and I don't fancy buying another one.
I did really get in to baking earlier this year (see a few samples below) which I enjoyed. However, decorating cakes with all things dairy was a real challenge in the heat and humidity. Plus as the arthritis has spread to one of my wrists I now have to be a lot more mindful of holding heavy things like electronic whisks, I can’t eat sugary foods (it aggravates my arthritis) and we don’t know enough people that we could feed all this cake I was making to. My hubby’s work colleagues were usually the ones to benefit from this little hobby but transporting the cakes to my hubby’s office was costing me a small fortune in taxi rides!


(Now I know the cake picture is a bit rude but trust me there was a story behind the angry bird, dollar sign and the female form ;o))
More recently I have rediscovered my love of makeup and clothes. Now that I have lost all my steroid weight and look like myself again, getting dressed and doing my make is a real pleasure. I also have a very special event coming up and have decided to do my own makeup for it which has given me the excuse to go out and buy lots and lots of different makeup products.

I recently bought a camera so that via this blog I can share my passion for colour in all aspects of my life from food, travel, clothes, makeup, nature and everything else -  for colour really is everywhere and I hope it inspires you to ‘colour in life!’
Love Sheen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and you don't have to be a blogger to do so. I love reading each and every one :o)