Friday 25 April 2014

Missing In Action



Good Day Everyone,


Well it sure has been a while, hasn’t it? When I left for our trip to Japan at the end of March I felt rather proud that I had manage to prepare several blog posts which would be published automatically in my absence, thus maintaining my routine of publishing blog posts on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Heck I’d even prepared one for Monday 7th April in advance even though we arrived back in Singapore early that morning, just in case I was too tired to type that day. I figured that would take the pressure off and give me time to prepare a fresh post for Wednesday 9th April. 
Cherry blossoms (Kyoto, Japan)
Well that was the plan but if you follow me on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter then you'll know that things didn't quite go to plan! I guess what I’d not planned for was having a severe arthritic flare that knocked me for six. The day we got back my arthritic joints went a bit crazy and I developed such a debilitating bout of fatigue and exhaustion that I’ve been on more or less complete bed rest for almost three weeks now. A few days after getting back I got food poisoning as well! Oh it was not good. One minute I was being sick and the next I was fainting. My energy levels just went completely through the floor. I didn’t even have the strength to wash my own hair!!! In and amongst all of this my left thumb became arthritic as well as another finger on my right hand. Typing is becoming increasingly challenging now that I have arthritis in six of my fingers and thumbs as well as a wrist.


After two weeks of barley having any strength to speak, I finally started to feel better. This week the severe fatigue and exhaustion has finally eased :o). Whilst I’m still feeling weak and drained it’s not that debilitating fatigue that I initially had where I can’t do anything at all. My energy levels have been improving this week so much so that I was finally able to download our Japan photos onto my laptop. I'm looking forward to working my way through them. I have so many Japan blog posts running through my head that I can't wait to get them all on to my blog over the coming weeks and share our amazing trip with you all.


My hubby, bless him, has been sooo amazing and supportive. He’s been doing the shopping, cooking and washing, as well as going to work ever since we got back. He’s done a wonderful job of taking care of me and ensuring that I have nothing to do but rest. I’m pleased to be finally feeling better so that I can start helping out with household chores and taking some of the pressure of him so that he has time to relax and chill out. 
In sickness and in health. I seriously have the best hubby :o)
Even though I’m feeling much better, I have noticed that I’ve lost a lot of stamina. I seem to get out of breath really easily and to me that’s a sign that I need to get myself back to the gym and start building my strength and stamina back up. However, before I do that I have another little holiday to go on... lucky me :o).


This time next week one of my dearest friends will be coming to visit us all the way from France. She’s going to be with us for 11 days and my hubby and I are super excited for her visit. The three of us get on sooo well that we have even lived together in a one bed apartment back in England when either she or we have been in between homes. It’s the kind of friendship where even when we’ve not been living in the same country, as soon as the three of us get together, it’s like the distance was never even there. She’s one of my oldest friends and we have so much fun when we are together. I’ll be taking her to Langkawi Island and Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) for five days whilst my hubby’s at work and then we’ll have a few days at the start and end of her visit in Singapore. Her visit is another reason why I’ve been on complete bed rest as I desperately want to get better before her arrival so that I have the energy to take her out and about and show her all the sights. I want her to have an amazing time as I know she’s really been looking forward to this trip.


So that’s what I’ve been up to lately and what I’ll be getting up to over the next couple of weeks. How have you been? What have you been up to?


I’ll be working on my Japan blog posts over the coming weeks but just bear with me as I need to take it slowly so that I don’t undo the last three weeks of bed rest. However, you can get sneak peaks into our trip on my Instagram.


Love Sheen xxx


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you've been unwell, hope you have a speedy recovery! It's great to hear that you have such a caring husband! Take it easy with typing and have a few weeks break till you're better xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ayesha, thank you for your well wishes. I'm sorry for the late response to your comment but for some reason I haven't been getting my emails informing me that I have comments on my blog and have only just logged into Blogger today. I hope to be blogging again real soon and look forward to catching up on your blog too :o) Love Sheen xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment and you don't have to be a blogger to do so. I love reading each and every one :o)