Friday 23 January 2015

JVlog #4: Japan Apartment Tour

Good Day Everyone,

Thank goodness it's Friday! This week has been a bit of a write off for me. I wasn't feeling too great over the weekend and just took it easy. As the weather was pretty cold and I wasn't feeling well I ended up eating a bit too much cheese on toast (wintery comfort food). This had a really bad affect on both me and my arthritic joints. I've had two migraines to deal with as well as a very angry arthritic spine this week. After making a conscious effort to eat very cleanly over the last couple of days, I'm finally feeling better today... Just in time for the weekend.

Whilst I didn't get any blog posts written this week, I did manage to film this video today. It is a tour of our apartment in Japan. We've given this tour to many of our friends and family over Skype as people have been curious about where we are living. We've all heard of the capsule hotels ;o)
We live in a two bedroom apartment. Whilst it is half the size (approx. 65sq.m) of our apartment in Singapore (but sadly not half the price), the spectacular view over Yokohama Bay more than makes up for the lack of space. To be honest, despite the smaller size, hubby and I are managing perfectly fine within the space that we have. It is only when we live in a smaller place that we often realise that we don't need as much space as we think we do to live comfortably. Obviously there is a big difference between need and want... I'm still dreaming of my own walk in wardrobe and vanity area ;o).

From our apartment we get to see the most amazing sunrises. You can see/read more about those here. Also something that I forgot to mention in the video is that we can actually see the heliport from our living room! We can see the helicopters taking off and coming back into land which is pretty awesome. In addition, we see the planes coming into land at Haneda airport which isn't too far from where we live :o)

Although we found this particular apartment ourselves on the internet, we had to use an estate agent to sort the contract because we don't speak Japanese and most landlords don't speak English. Whilst the apartment is owned by a private landlord, the development complex that the apartment is in is owned by a Japanese corporation. In our rental contract we had to agree to be considerate to our neighbours and confirm that we do not belong to the Japanese mafia...Not something you see often in a rental contract ;o)

We do not have any double glazing or central heating in the apartment nor do we have any gas. We cook on electric induction hobs. The apartment has under floor heating in the main living area and air conditioning units in the bedrooms which blow out warm air. Luckily, as we get the morning sun the apartment isn't too cold during the day, but with it being winter, the under floor heating is on every evening.

I hope you enjoyed this little tour of our current home. Did you notice that I've now learnt how to incorporate music into my YouTube videos :o). I'm hoping to improve my recording and editing skills as I do more of these. Do let me know in the comments section if you have any questions about our Japanese home or life in Japan.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend :o)

Love Sheen xxx
Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. How much does it cost you? Btw, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We paid around 265k Yen/month. Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately I don't get to work on my blog as much as I would like to due to health issues but I really appreciate you stopping by. I hope you have a lovely day :o)

      Delete
  2. Is that 120,000 yen a month? Or 200,000?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I should have read the prior response.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's no problem :o). Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a lovely day :o)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment and you don't have to be a blogger to do so. I love reading each and every one :o)