Friday 20 March 2015

Psoriatic Arthritis: First Time Acupuncture, Cupping & Moxibustion

Good Day Everyone,

If you've read my previous post then you'll know that I've had a very tough and painful few weeks with my recent arthritic flare. I cannot put into words the fatigue and exhaustion I have felt lately, not to mention the excruciating pain, sleep deprivation and breathing difficulties. Arthritis is sooo much more than a few aches and pains!

In my desperation to manage this flare I dramatically upped my pain medication...it did nothing! I went for three massages in one week in the hope that they would alleviate my spinal and shoulder pain but again this was unsuccessful.
Acupuncture needles in my hands
So I finally bit the bullet and decided that nothing could be worse than the pain Arthur (aka arthritis) has been causing me, not even the pain (or fear rather) of needles and started to explore complementary medicine, namely acupuncture and cupping.

In this video, I talk about my first ever experience of not only acupuncture and cupping but also something call moxibustion. In a bid to save my arthritic fingers from unnecessary typing I wont repeat what I discuss in the video but I'll leave a few links down below to where you can find more information about these three therapies, in case you're interested in them.

Oh and by the way, in case you were wondering... I cannot believe HOW MUCH BETTER I feel after just one session and I'm now KICKING myself for letting my phobia of needles and pain get in the way of trying these therapies sooner! But at least I seem to be turning a corner and finally feeling human again :o).

Love Sheen xxx

More about acupuncture here
More about cupping here
More about moxibustion here
Watch moxibustion in action here

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Few people understand how tiring it is to have constant pain. When you take pain medicine, the pills also makes you feel tired. After a while, pain medicine has little effect on your pain. I agree that natural treatments, such as acupuncture and massage, work just as well, or sometimes better than traditional treatments.

    Hannah Holland @ Berkeley Community ACU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Hannah. You are right, it is extremely tiring to be in constant pain, all of the time. Sometimes medication has made me feel worse, than the arthritic pain itself. I think everybody is different and you just have to go through the process of trial and error and find what works best for you, and that may be completely different to what works for someone else with the same illness. Wishing you good health and I hope you have a lovely day :o)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment and you don't have to be a blogger to do so. I love reading each and every one :o)